Monday, October 25, 2010

Family Weekend Recap

Happy Monday everyone! Over the weekend was Family Weekend! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

I was very excited to spend the day with my parents...plus they took me out to lunch which was a nice change from Ritchie food. They also came over to the Alpha Phi complex for our Parent Ceremony so that they could see what we, the Phis, are all about.

I also got to spend some time in President Docking's private box at the football game. My mom is on the parent's board and was invited by President Docking up there to enjoy the game, so I got to stop by and check it out. Let me tell you, I would love to be able to watch every football game from his private box. I went up there during half time and stayed until the end of the game. His box is located just left of the 50 yard line giving you an awesome view of the field. Plus, the box is heated, making it much more enjoyable than sitting in the student section wearing six layers because it's cold out. Finally, there was food...really good food like shrimp, brownies, salad, etc. As a cherry on top of a great day, the football team won 58-31 against Kalamazoo.

Just a reminder, since the football team scored so many touchdowns at the game, TODAY (Monday, October 25th) you can receive 20% off merchandise at the bookstore. Make sure you stop by. I know I will. You can never have too much Bulldog gear.

No comments: