Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A Little Introduction

It's the start of another school year on the campus of Adrian College. I'm Muffy Lavens and I will be letting you know about the upcoming events on campus this semester while interning in the Adrian College Public Relations Office. But first, I'd like to introduce myself.

This is my third year at Adrian College. I'm majoring in Psychology and minoring in Public Relations. I'm also involved in organizations on campus. I'm the bulletin editor for Adrian College Circle K International Club. I'm also hoping to get more involved in CAN (Campus Activities Network) this year. CAN provides so much for the students of Adrian, that I'd like to be involved in the planning that makes all the activities happen. I have also been a welcome week leader the past two years.

Aside from school I'm also involved in sports. I'm a figure skater and have been since I was about three years old. I currently skate at the Detroit Skating Club in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Although I'm a skater, I'm not on Adrian's synchronized skating team because my main focus on skating is ice dancing.

Now that you know a little about me, let's get into some events going on around campus during the next couple weeks.

Monday, September 6: Labor Day - meaning no classes!
Wednesday, September 8: Convocation at noon - The speaker is Jonah Lehrer, author of "How We Decide"

Also, if you're considering Greek Life, there are meetings and recruitment parties throughout the next two weeks.

For the guys:
Tuesday, September 7: Phi Kappa Sigma Info Night
Wednesday, September 8: Theta Chi Info Night
Friday, September 10: Theta Chi Recruitment Party
Saturday, September 11: Phi Kappa Sigma Recruitment Party
Sunday, September 12: Sigma Alpha Epsilon Info Night
Wednesday, September 15: Tau Kappa Epsilon Info Night
Thursday, September 16: Alpha Tau Omega Info Night
Friday, September 17: Tau Kappa Epsilon Recruitment Party
Saturday, September 18: Alpha Tau Omega Recruitment Party

For the girls:
Thursday, September 9: Meet the Sororities
Monday, September 13: First Round Party
Wednesday, September 15: Second Round Party
Thursday, September 16: Third Round Party
Saturday, September 18: Preference Party

This should give you an idea about what's going on around campus. Check soon for more updates.

No comments: